A Platform dedicated to Women Architects & Designers of India!
The idea of this platform was born around the last quarter of 2012 when the team of Surfaces Reporter was researching to list the works done by past women architects and interior designers of India. They dropped publishing the meager content that was garnered. Moreover, a lot of content was eliminated due to the absence of validation and confirmation. Truth is, there was no clear trajectories of the work done by women architects & designers of India; forget about recognition, there is hardly any mention of our women designers.
The objectives of WADe India can be broadly put together as:
- Ensuring more visibility of women led projects
- Bridging mentorship
- Encouraging ‘Sharing & learning’
- Rewards & recognitions
This initiative by WADe India is expected to meaningfully contribute in:
- Documenting the work done by past women architects & designers of India and that of the present
- Creating a set of ‘Role Models’ for the younger & aspiring ones to follow & learn
- Role Models have a lot of roles to play for this platform. WADe India will be connecting the Role Models with the upcoming ones by the use of technology and through events.
- Opening up to more women & men to join the initiative at various levels
- Understanding roles of WADe India through discussions & research and thereby implementing programs throughout the year
- A dedicated website with total content related to women architects & designers of India.
- Leveraging social media to the fullest to reach out to women in this field throughout India
- Working in close tandem with various institutes & associations in the industry, as well as media, magazines and online portals
- Keeping a close tab on global events & awards, recognitions; keeping our women informed through WADe India, and encouraging exchange of their ideas & projects with global platforms.
- Encouraging entrepreneurship among women architects & designers through our partners/ associates
WADe India was successfully launched in May 2016. See the profiles of the Role Models and the Emerging Young Architects 2016
612 total views, 2 views today