This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
Things that you would definitely do if you are born again
I have very few regrets. Maybe, I should have spent more time with my father and learnt sculpting and painting. Other than that no real regrets.
I believe in
Future of architecture lies in it being ecologically sensitive wherein it incorporates water, waste, energy, bio diversity, food and resources to build with.
Architect/ Designer I admire
Laurie Baker and Glenn Mercutt
Is to be able to sleep at least 8 hours a day regularly for a week in jest but seriously to be a teacher.
If you were to live again, what are the things you would do?
I have very few regrets. Maybe I should have spent more time with my father and learnt sculpting and painting. Other than that no real regrets.
Message to upcoming architects
I believe in... Be hardworking and serious architects.
Top 5 projects
Instead of rating top projects I would prefer to rate projects where we learnt something more than what we had the previous knowledge of and then used the learning in the next projects-
- Residence for Narayanas - Our first design. We learnt basics of construction, material and working in a team with engineers and my wonderful family. Year-1991
- San Souci - Our home. Building with earth, rain water harvesting, grey water reuse, basements as living spaces - Creating a space as laboratory of ideas than a signature residence of an architect couple. Year-1995
- Residence for Rajagopalans - New features of sustainability,water and use of waste.Creating a new paradigm of client as a mentor through intellectual interactions with the professor and his wife Malathi. Year-2005
- Govardhan Eco Village - testing and learning issues of sustainability in a large site planning scale.Working on the basis of Green ratings as prescribed by GRIHA. Year 2008 - continuing
- Atelier - A school we are designing which has to be made completely dismantlable. 2016-Now
There are many others, as told by her
- Residence for Sandhya and Mahesh - Sandhya and Mahesh home is a significant one cause not only we designed their home but they have become partners in our journey of ecological design. They have been magnanimous to have allowed us to make our office in the first floor.
- Residence for Charis - Our new patrons in whose home we have tried some new ways of constructions, are constantly learning through some design failures too.